Monday, July 6, 2009

Starting today

People say, "Start a blog."   

"A blog?" I ask.  "Why would anyone want to read what I have to say."

"You could talk about the school district, things you read, ideas you have.  It would be interesting."

So today I start a blog.  We will see if people find it interesting.

I have been the Superintendent in Grand Ledge for a year.  I started July 1, 2008.  The task today is the task that I inherited last summer - find a way to help our district grow into one of the best school districts in the state and nation.

We started the process last year and today it continues.  We are operating in the middle of a tremendously difficult budget cycle.  While I could complain about the economy in Michigan, the stress that the economy is putting on families, the loss of revenue when even one student decides to leave our district, etc., but I won't.  

Instead, I choose to focus on making sure that what goes on in our district challenges our students and helps them prepare for the future.  The economy is the economy. Every year there will be challenges.  I need to make sure that the employees in our district work hard for the students and families in our district.

So, a blog is started.  We will see where it goes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment